Shine Collision Repair
Auto Collision Repair Shops in Salt Lake City & Ogden
- The sound of crushing metal against metal, the sound of scratching and scraping can be absolutely sickening and simply feeling the damage is an awful prelude to actually viewing it. Then, the moment you step out of the car one of two reactions happen:
One, (often the least likely) you step outside of your car and realize that the bark was much worse than the bite and the problem is pretty minimal. At this moment you let out a breath, lean against your car, and put your head up to the sky in relief.
Two, you hobble out of your car inevitably shaken from your horrid crash and the damage is just as bad or possibly worse than it sounded. The metal is crinkled like a balled up piece of paper, the glass is scattered on the floor like your broken heart! Ok… you get the idea. The accident was pretty severe and so is the damage.
Luckily for you, our collision repair center can accommodate either situation. Our collision repair process is professionally organized to ensure the best possible outcome and repair for our customers.
Our 5-step Process to Repair Your Vehicle After an Accident:
- Damage Analysis. A thorough analysis is conducted on your vehicle before any work is begun. The analysis involves taking a careful look at the overall vehicle and searching for secondary damage. Secondary damage includes issues caused by the inertia of the impact, such as door alignment, door glass knocked out of its tracks, and buckles on the roof. After assessing the secondary damage, we examine the damage at the area of impact.
- Meticulous disassemble. After analyzing the damage to your vehicle, we begin the process of methodically disassembling the vehicle in the damaged area, noting all the damage and determining to either repair or replace the parts.
- Parts verification and ordering. Accurate ordering is crucial for an uninterrupted repair. We strive to avoid multiple orders through careful verification that helps ensure that we receive accurate parts the first time. We are careful to verify the correct part by obtaining information off the car, such as the VIN, Prod date, color code, trim code, and part # of the damaged part. We also email pictures to the manufacturer for visual verification.
- Frame Repair. After ordering replacement parts for your vehicle, we determine the damages sustained to your vehicle’s frame. After putting your vehicle on the frame machine, our skilled technicians set up a laser frame to gauge velocity and determine what corrections are needed. After careful planning, the corrections are made to the frame of your vehicle so the body is back in line with factory specifications. This step will ensure that your vehicle will accept the new parts being installed.
- Reassembly. In preparation for reassembly, each part is painted separately, just like they do at the factory. After all the new parts are painted, your car goes back to the body technician for reassembly. Instead of assembling your car and then painting the outside, we paint the parts separately to ensure the optimal finished look. This step is key to Shine’s Process.
All of these steps are carried out by a team of experts who only have your safety and satisfaction in mind. Contact us today at one of our four locations across the Wasatch Front!