It’s important to make sure that your car maintains its repairs. After a repair, it’s pretty easy to scratch the paint or re-bend the frame if you’re not careful. Here are just a few tips and tricks to follow after your car has come out of your Utah auto body shop:
- Make sure you keep the car clean. Be careful, though: only clean your car with mild solution and a soft cloth or sponge. To the extent possible, keep your car out of the sun while cleaning it.
- Try not to scratch the finish: Do not use a commercial car wash, stiff brushes, or sponges or “dry wipe” the car.
- Stay off of gravel roads. It’s much easier to chip the finish after a repair.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds – their highly acidic droppings can spot the freshly painted surface, as can tree sap.
- Be careful with transmission fluid, windshield solvent, gasoline, oil and antifreeze: spilling can damage the finish.
- Turning on the heat in the car will go a long way to melt off ice and snow: don’t scrape the newly painted surface.