Just like when you have to visit the doctor, your car needs frequent check-ups. If regular car maintenance is avoided, small problems that would have been easily fixable at first turn into expensive, annoyingly large issues that can ruin your car.
Check-ups that should be done monthly
- Keep the car clean
- Make sure the lights are functional
- Maintain a good level of windshield wiper fluid
- Check the pressure and condition of your tires
- Inspect belts, hoses, battery, battery cables, and fuel and air filters
- Fill transmission fluid and power steering fluid if needed
- Rotate or replace your tires
- Replace your fuel and air filters if necessary.
- Change oil and oil filter
- Check exhaust system
- Replace wiper blades if they are not working properly
- Replace spark plugs
- Inspect brake and suspension systems
- Change the antifreeze
Maintenance suggestions for every 3- to 6-months
Though these fixes might cost a little bit of money and time, they will save you from having to replace something much more expensive than a few filters and spark plugs. Don’t let your car’s value go down because of procrastination. And, for all your Utah auto body care, talk to the experts!